“Training the Eyes” to train your brain! Discover a new toolset that could help you better recognize Structures, Area, Formation and Zones, “6 Basic Structures”, basic Fibonacci retracements and extensions, and much more!
Training the eyes to see areas on a price chart that have the characteristics of where there are unfilled orders waiting is all part of the journey to understand why we make choices to make a trade and take risk. Take a deep dive into the Core Strategy zoning process by focusing on such important areas as: Structure, Area, Formations, and Zones.
Learn to leverage historical data strategies by analyzing charts and identifying examples. Focus on cultivating your “20/20 vision” – recognizing when a trade-set up looks promising before risking any capital! By working your eyes from the left side of the chart to the right side, with specific price patterns and multiple time frames, the more you’re able to train your eyes and brain to focus on the evaluation of optimal trade set-ups that have happened in the past, and the easier it could be to identify them in the future.
Prerequisites:Core Strategy Program (Core Strategy course and XLT)
*Note: This is a one-time class offering, no retakes. Includes weekly 1hr companion sessions.
This course is NOT for the lazy! It will challenge you. Documentation and verification is a huge part of the learning process to “Train the Eyes”. As such, students will be asked to verify what they see instead of blindly trusting what is outlined in this course. It takes a deeper sense of understanding and effort to create a level of confidence when you trade. We will be working with specific price patterns and multiple time frames on the price charts using both the “Left side” and the “Right side” of a chart.
Repetition is the mother of all learning
Students will be encouraged to actively participate throughout this course as you learn how to confirm opportunities on the price chart where price has changed direction in the past.
Think of it like tracking an animal’s footprints in the wilderness in order to track where you have been, and what direction may make more sense in the future.
There is an extremely specific picture in the price action (that is seen repeatedly), at a level a trader would be inclined to trade. This approach is so specific that a computer couldn’t replicate it. So, with many rules to follow, this course focuses on Structure, Area, Formations and Zones and then we can add on from there.
What we focus on we create
This analysis can change the psychology of a trader and influence the way a trading opportunity is assessed. This course will teach you how to forecast and understand the risk involved in your trade before you place it.
Throughout the course we will use “Fibonacci Tools” to assist and confirm what we see on the price chart. Harmonic patterns are used for Structure, and additional “odds enhancers scoring methodology” are included.
- Introduce the concept of “Training the Eyes to Train the Brain”
- Review how we learn, the importance of documentation, journaling and practice
- Introduce Structure
- The 6 Basic Structures
- Verifying Structures
- Basic Fibonacci retracements and extensions
- Use of “Fibonacci” tools to confirm a structure
- Harmonic patterns
- “Break Out Segment”
- Use of price swings for time, price, percentage, and slope
- Introduce Area
- Where to look for Area within the Structure
- Wick over Wick
- Pivots, being specific and consistent
- Area relative to Structure
- Where to avoid looking within the area
- “Sweet Spot”
- Review Structure, Area and lab work
- Using multiple time frames – Does time or picture matter more?
- Average Swing Size
- Getting to Know the Product
- MRCI.com seasonality and corrections
- Review 4 formations learned in Core Strategy: DBR/RBR, RBD/DBD
- See where the formations live within Structure and Area
- Formations are not Zones
- Location of Formations within the structure
- Understand the difference between Formation and Zone
- Terminology of candles and identification of “Leg vs. Base” candles
- Specific grouping of candles and the variations
- Proximal and distal line placement
- Refining the time/tick/share bar to get the exact picture
- Details for deciding if a zone can be used twice or proximal vs zone entry
- Importance of Zone location
- Confirm and verify with “real-time” examples
- Bring it all together seeing how Zone, Formations, Area and Structure
- Outline lab work and documentation process and review examples with students
- Spread Premium Targets
- Moving Average Cross
- In-the-Money (ITM) for Entry
- Bigger Time-Frame Zones Review
- How to Hedge with Puts
Have a plan, document 100 historical trades using the trade tracker. Remember the importance of training your brain to only focus on setups that were favorable.
MEET THE INSTRUCTOR
Jeff Manson has been trading the markets since 1997. His experience is broad-based, and he actively trades equities, futures, options, Forex, and commodities. Jeff currently uses his Online Trading Academy experience to help teach and educate students on how to apply our proprietary Core Strategy in the capital markets.